Make sure you check out our house rules before continuing on, and familiarize yourself with them.
When you first contact us, our goal is to make sure we have all the information we could need to create the perfect piece of artwork for you. Whether you contact us by phone, through Instagram/Facebook, or via email, there are several key pieces of information you are going to need.
- What is the subject matter of the tattoo you want?
- Where on your body would you like your piece located?
- How big do you want the piece to be overall?
- Did you have a style preference, or inspiration pieces?
- How soon would you like to have the service performed?
- Do you have a valid government photo ID (required for everyone)?
- Have you familiarized yourself with our House Rules?
- Did you have a budget or other constraints to work around?
- Do you have a preferred artist (check out our portfolios if not)?
- Which location do you want to visit for your services?
- Are you a minor? If so, how old are you?
- Did you have any questions for us?
If you compile all of this information before that first contact, the process will go smoothly and quickly into the next steps.
Once you’ve made that first contact, our experienced administration team will get you matched up with the perfect artist for your needs/desires. Your artist will look over all of the information you have sent, as well as any reference photos you have included to better convey what you have in mind. They will then determine if an in-person consultation will be necessary (generally it isn’t), and if not, they will estimate how long of an appointment will be needed for the tattoo you would like to get. At that point, you will receive pricing, deposit, and booking information, and can proceed to calling the studio and setting up your appointment.
Our goal is to produce custom artwork that is unique to each person. In the days leading up to your appointment, your artist will get to work designing the perfect piece of art for you. This portion of the process is the most vital, as the foundation of your tattoo begins here, and everything will be built off of this.
During this process, you should expect changes to be made to your initial vision. One of the thrilling aspects of working in the medium of tattooing, is that there are limitations that must be overcome. Size, contrast, and spacing may all need to be altered somewhat to achieve the overall goal of a beautiful tattoo that will stand the test of time. It is important to listen to your artist on this, as they have accumulated many years of experience, and are backed by an award winning team of veteran artists that they work closely with each day. This knowledge base allows us to avoid simply performing the latest fad, only to have your tattoo end up looking terrible in a couple of years.
We don’t stop there, though. No, we follow up with you through our ongoing relationship. You can expect each artist to provide free touch up sessions for your artwork, to ensure it stays looking it’s best.